- BSc (Hons) Physics
A Physics degree forms the ideal basis for the career of your choice – widening your view of the role of physics, while giving you a thorough understanding of the methods used by physicists in the investigation of natural and engineered systems.
- MPhys (Hons) Physics
- BSc (Hons) Physics with Acoustics
This programme draws on the unique expertise and facilities at Salford University in the highly specialist field of Acoustics. A full Physics degree is delivered with additional specialist courses. Additional instruction builds from ‘Principles of Acoustics’ to advanced topics, such as ‘Speech and Musical Acoustics’ in the third year.
- MPhys (Hons) Physics with Acoustics
- MPhys (Hons) Physics with Studies in North America
Students spend the third year of this 4 year integrated-masters course at the University of Toledo in the USA.
- BSc (Hons) Pure and Applied Physics
The first year of Pure and Applied Physics is specifically designed for those who will benefit from increased support in mathematics. The first year contains 50% additional mathematics tuition, provided in small group tutorials and through computer-aided learning.
- BSc (Hons) Physics with Foundation Year
BSc or MPhys?
We offer Physics and Physics with Acoustics as three year Bachelor of Science (BSc) with Honours or four year Master of Physics (MPhys) degrees. We encourage students to apply initially for the MPhys degree with the option of switching to the 3 year degree after the end of the 2nd year.
Routes into Physics
For those who do not have traditional entry requirements, you may be interested in other ways of joining an undergraduate Physics degree:
- OpenPlus – this Open University (OU) scheme allows people with no formal entry requirements to get a degree in four years: two years part time study at the OU is followed by two years full time study at Salford.
- Foundation Year – students who have successfully completed year one of the BSc Physics with Foundation Year (for which entry requirements are lower than the equivalent degree without a foundation year) can transfer to the first year of one of our BSc or MPhys Physics degrees.